Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop (Scatman John's Predictions for the 2007 NBA Finals)

In what is sure to become a regular feature, we bring you an exclusive interview with John Larkin, better known as Scatman John. His hit, "Scatman" remains one of UK's best selling singles. We caught him on the tail end of a his tour through the Balkans where he made headlines for his public feud with rapping toddler, Jordy.



Interview after the jump...


The Incredible Mr. Limpet: Scatman John, thanks for sitting down to chat with us. I know you're real busy, so I'll cut to the chase. Who do you see coming out on top in the west? Suns of Mavs?

Scatman John: Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop. Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop. Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop. Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop.

TIML: The Mavericks appear immortal right now, but what if they face the Warriors? Do you think that is a first round threat for them? Or will the Clippers bump them out of the eighth spot and make this irrelevant?

SJ: Everybody stutters one way or the other, so check out my message to you. As a matter of fact don't let nothin' hold you back. If the Scatman can do it so can you.

TIML: Isn't that kind of underestimating Elton Brand's low post game?

SJ: Everybody's sayin' that the Scatman stutters, but doesn't ever stutter when he sings.

TIML: I see your point. So the Suns and Mavs both stumble. Spurs then?

SJ: But what you don't know I'm gonna tell you right now, that the stutter and the scat is the same thing. Yo I'm the Scatman.

TIML: Sorry, didn't mean to cut you off.

SJ: Where's the Scatman? I'm the Scatman.

TIML: (Laughs) Yeah. Ok, what about the east? I mean, with Gilbert Arenas injured, that leaves the Heat, Cavs, and Bulls to unseat the Pistons. Any surprises coming our way?

SJ: Why should we be pleasin' all the politician heathens Who would try to change the seasons if the could?

TIML: I agree, the Heat have been overrated all year.

SJ: The state of the condition insults my intuitions and it only makes me crazy and my heart like wood.

TIML: Oh, man if it comes down Pistons vs. Spurs, I'm watching MLS.

SJ: I hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scat. Well I'm the professor and all I can tell you is while you're still sleepin' the saints are still weepin' cause things you call dead haven't yet had the chance to be born. I'm the Scatman.

TIML: Mind if we post your playoff tree ? I mean, I know it's early and some spots are up for grabs.

SJ: I'm the Scatman. Repeat after me: It's a scoobie oobie doobie scoobie doobie melody
I'm the Scatman. Repeat after me: It's a scoobie oobie doobie scoobie doobie melody

TIML: Thanks.

SJ:
(Scatting)

Editor's note: Scatman John later asked us to remove his bracket, but just so you know, he thinks the Suns could win it all. Also he left us with this: