Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Area Man Loses $314 Million Lottery



Tempe Arizona (IML)- Local resident Jeff Kleinburger was devastated Saturday night upon learning he did not win the 314 million dollar multi-state Powerball jackpot. “I just knew I was going to win! And then when numbers all rolled into place, I couldn’t believe my eyes. How could this happen?” Mr. Kleinburger said he had purchased a ticket for the earlier Wednesday drawing as well but never expected to win it, “I had no special feeling about Wednesday’s lotto, but when no one won I just felt it! That three-hundred million was mine for sure.” Kleinburger spent the three day lead up to the drawing making plans to spend his forthcoming millions. Dreams such as moving to a mansion in Scottsdale, taking all his friends on a private jet to Vegas for the weekend, and commissioning a large robot rottwiler to guard all of his “new rich-guy shit,” will have to remain unrealized.

Madeline Kleinburger, mother to the 22 year-old loser, was wontedly disappointed in her son’s most recent failing, “After Jeff quit architecture school two years ago, he took a job at the Apple Store down on Camelback (Road), and not much he has done since has surprised me. But this lotto thing, -it really had him going. Maybe now he will take that job with his uncle at the ostrich farm outside Chandler.”

Coworkers at the Biltmore Fashion Park were promised they too would benefit from Kleinburger’s surefire windfall. Since Thursday Kleinburger has spent both his fifteen and thirty minutes a day in the break room listing the lavish gifts and wads of cash he would spread among his fellow coworkers. According to Apple Store sales associate Ray Cupboard, “Jeff said he would give everyone below manager $50K after he won, so we could all quit and screw this dump.”

Clair Bellwood, the cute hostess at the Cheesecake Factory next door, said Jeff made promises to her which now can never be kept, “He told me that if I went out with him on Friday he would get me that Marc Jacobs bag I have had my eye on. I thought he was an investment in my future, now I think he was just another unsatisfying trip around third base with an ASU drop out.”

Jeff plans to continue working at the Apple Store until the Monopoly game at McDonald’s starts up again. “I eat a lot of Double-Quarterpounders, so this year I just know I am going to drive off in that new Viper Convertible, (with) a Nintendo Wii, and 100,000 American Dollars.”

6 comments:

Micki said...

When I was about 8 years old, I won $200 on a Massachusetts scratch ticket while visiting my family in Boston. My Mom made me split it 3 ways with her and my grandmother, who bought me the $1 ticket. At the time I was still psyched to get slightly more than my share, at $70.

Now, I realize I was totally gypped. I'm going to call up my mother right now and ask for that $65 she stole from me 15 years ago. She'll deny it up and down, but I'll get it from her somehow.

Mr. Feelings said...

Gamblor claims another victim.

Anonymous said...

Am I reading The Onion?

Hats Bagelman said...

well, think of us as a third rate onion with more spelling errors and updated much less frequently.

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the
images on this blog loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Here is my web site yachtcharter kroatien

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging
for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look
of your web site is wonderful, as well as the content!
Also see my website :: santa monica apartment