Saturday, March 3, 2007

My Pal Chris


The guy you see there is one of those people that, when you really think about it, it's kind of amazing you ever crossed paths with. He was raised in rural-ish Ohio; his parents are accomplished performers, and thusly he has the most angelic voice I've ever heard. Consequently, that statement wouldn't even make the top five of gayest things I've ever said about him.

This man is Christopher O. Jones. He's a good guy. He's my college rooomate and, if you follow us after the jump, I'll tell you all about how he gave me one of the greatest birthday presents ever.



See that guy? I consider that guy to be a pretty alright actor. Always have. Not ashamed to say it. Never have been.

Anyway, today was the last day my folks were in town, and they wanted to see some of my college friends so I invited a few out to lunch. Some of my boys showed up and regaled my folks with tales of working in Hollywood. We watched some sports. A good time was had by all.

When we left Chris, who was in attendance, said he was headed to the "My Name Is Earl" wrap party tonight. He texted me as I was leaving a late dinner with the information that not only was he at the party, but Leo DiCaprio himself was there as well. He then told me that he would be unable to get me in to the party, fore he had already used his free pass on our other college roommate, Ricky.

I replied, "no big deal. Just have Leo tell me happy birthday," and I hopped on the I-10 headed home. Not two minutes later I get a call from Chris. I answer, "Yello?" "Hey is this Smokey?" "Yes." "Well Happy Birthday man! Have a good one!" At this point the phone was handed to Chris and I wittily replied, "that was Ricky, wasn't it?" He replied, "Nope. I walked up to Ethan [Suplee] and Leo and said 'I've got a friend who can't get in, but it's his birthday. Would you tell him happy birthday? And he said, 'Fuck yeah, call him up,' and then he talked to you." My mouth agape, my car exceeding the speed limit, I thanked Chris profusely, calmly made my way home, cracked open an ice-cold beer, and wrote this.

It's gonna be a good weekend.

2 comments:

Greg II said...

Keifer is going to have to make you some sort of pastry to match Leo

Nacho Friendly said...

I have a strict "Tarts Only" policy with the Sutherlands. They know what they did.